JsonEncounteredUnexpectedCharacter error when trying the Fabrikam sample

Dec 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I tried to setup the Fabrikam by following the blog, with windows 8.1.
But got the JsonEncounteredUnexpectedCharacter error during the sync.
Any thoughts?

The stack trace as below:

at Microsoft.Synchronization.ClientServices.XmlJsonReader.ReadAttributes() at Microsoft.Synchronization.ClientServices.XmlJsonReader.ReadNonExistentElementName(StringHandleConstStringType elementName) at Microsoft.Synchronization.ClientServices.XmlJsonReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToDescendant(String name) at Microsoft.Synchronization.ClientServices.HttpCacheRequestHandler.d__6.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter1.GetResult() at Microsoft.Synchronization.ClientServices.HttpCacheRequestHandler.d__1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter1.GetResult() at Microsoft.Synchronization.ClientServices.CacheController.d__13.MoveNext()
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Hi Sunny, I ve made an update on the source code.

Do you use the source code in your project or do you use the nuget package ?
Can you test with the last release to see if you have again an error ?

Dont forget to check the documentation tab, as I ve updated all the sections :
Documentation

Sebastien
Dec 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Many thanks, Sebastien. The lastest update make the sample code working under 8.1.
Great work...
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Great !!!