What to do when my service uri changes?

Apr 21 at 11:47 AM
I noticed that as soon as I change my service URI and try tp synchronize again, I get an exception telling me that - essentially - changing synchronizing with another URI than the one used to initialize the local database is not supported.

This can be quite a problem, as the domain names might change during the lifetime of the app.
How are we supposed to cope with this? Delete the local database and re-initialize it?

Would'nt it be better to have kind of a database ID instead to make sure that, even after changing the URI, the database behind that endpoint is still the same?
Coordinator
Apr 22 at 7:43 AM
Yes It could be a solution.

By the way, I can maybe set a paramater, something like "DontCheckLocalUri = true" to prevent any verification of the URI ?

An other solution, without changing the source code of the toolkit is tot change directly in the database the URI in the scope tables.

Sebastien
Apr 22 at 3:25 PM
Hmmm.. ok sounds promising ;-)

Although I'd prefer to have the id in the database - just as in the good old days of sync framework where two synchronization providers identified themselves by guids. =D

Anyways - did you already read my request to put this on github so others can easily contribute?
Coordinator
Apr 23 at 9:05 AM
Yes I can understand. But I don't want to modify the database schema neither from the server neither from the Client.
Just because I wan't to be fully compatible with the last version of the sync toolkit :)

I will make a correction to allow you to override the current URI with the new one or by pass it

Sébastien